Week of May 14th
& SAVE THESE IMPORTANT DATES!!
With the school year coming to a close we need volunteers for the following upcoming events,
please reach out to the PS 59 PTA or Kristen Druda, Parent Coordinator if able to assist or sign up online at www.theharborviewschool.org/volunteers
1st & 2nd Grade "Oh The Places You Will Go" - Wednesday, May 30th
Kindergarten Year End Celebration - Tuesday, June 12th
Father's Day - Thursday, June 14th
3rd & 4th Grade Marine Science Night - Monday, June 18th
Pre-Kindergarten Stepping Up Ceremonies - Tuesday, June 19th
Volunteer Oppurtunies are available during and after-school.
On Wednesday, May 23rd you will have an opportunity to participate in a conference led by your child. It is not a typical Parent/Teacher conference as students will do most of the talking and reflecting on their progress this year.
Our conferences will be held in your child’s classroom. They involve approximately ten (10) students and their parents simultaneously. We ask for families to be on time as the conferences will begin promptly at their start time.
- Welcome Meeting (following our responsive classroom model featured every day in class)
- Student Portfolio Sharing
- Studen1-Led Conference Reflection!
Student-Led Conferences will allow children to show their development in key areas throughout the course of this academic year. The conference is a time to celebrate and acknowledge their achievements while they take an active and meaningful role in their own learning. We hope this conference will be a positive learning experience for both you and your child.
- You can ONLY register for ONE
- Due to limited amount of space in classrooms, only the student and parent/guardian are requested to attend. If you have other children that attend PS 59, we will have a separate location available for the children who attend PS 59 to stay while you are attending your child’s conference. Space is limited so please RSVP to reserve a spot: theharborviewschool.org/Childcare
- Please arrive ON TIME, the conferences will begin with a welcome greeting that the students will be participating in.
- This is a time for you and your child to reflect on their learning, if you wish to have a discussion with your child’s teacher please reach out to them and schedule for another time.
RSVP ONLINE: http://www.theharborviewschool.org/slc
PTA Elections: Contact the PS 59 PTA Executive Board if you are interested in running for a EB Position, SLT Position, chair a committee or volunteer.
May PTA Meeting, General & SLT Elections: Will be held in auditorium on Wednesday, May 23rd at 6:00pm
May Dine Out: Hop Shop! Tuesday, May 29th & Wednesday, May 30th
Pre-Kindergarten: June 8th visiting Battery Park & Sea Glass Carousel
Kindergarten, 1st & 2nd Grades: June 1st visiting Adventurer's Park
3rd & 4th Grade: May 31st visiting Staten Island Yankees
For more information: www.theharborviewschool.org/yearend
For more information pick up a fundrasing packet from the main office or visit
Upcoming Parent Workshops
Please join us for the following parent workshops!
JUNE: TBD - Guest Speaker Tara Thomas from NYPL discussing Summer Reading