PS 59 School Fundraiser at The Richmond County Ballpark!
Join our school on Monday, June 19th for our PS 59 school night with the Staten Island Yankees! All tickets sold for this event will help raise funds for our school's field experiences and enrichment programs! Tickets are $12 per seat, $10 Concession Add-On cards available during check out. For More Information: click here
To purchase tickets, please visit: www.siyanks.com/schools and select our school from the list.
- 6/1: K, 1st & 2nd Year-End Field Experience
- 6/5: Harbor Learning Garden Ribbon Cutting
- 6/7: 3rd Grade Year-End Field Experience
- 6/8: No School for Students (Chancellor's Day)
- 6/9: June PTA Meeting, 8:30am
- 6/12: No School for Students (Clerical Day)
- 6/13: Kindergarten Stepping Up Ceremony
- 6/16: Father's Day Celebration
- 6/18: Soap Box Derby @ Petrides
- 6/19: KinderDance Performances (Pre-k thru 2nd)
- 6/19: Staten Island Yankee - PS 59 School Night
- 6/20: Pre-K Stepping Up Ceremony
- 6/26: School Closed: Eid-Al-Fitr
- 6/28: LAST DAY OF SCHOOL: Early Dismissal
SICM Science & Carnival Spectacular:
We are pleased to announce that our 3rd grade students were invited to present our Marine STEAM learning project at the Staten Island Children’s Museum Carnival & Science Spectacular. This event will be held on Saturday, June 3rd 2017 (rain date – Sunday, June 4th 2017). We would like all 3rd grade students to participate by signing up for an hour-long time slot ( https://tinyurl.com/ps59june3 ).
Our students will be showcasing the following stations at this event:
- 3D Oyster: model the students built with Ms. Cirillo.
- History of Oysters: information the students learned about Oysters in NYC and how suppliers marketed their goods.
- Oyster Filtration Experiment: Students will represent their oyster filtration experiment on a tri-fold board using the five-step scientific method.
- “Sewer in a Suitcase”: A display which shows how NYC keeps its water clean. Students will demonstrate the “sewer in the suitcase” and explain how they created their own water filtration systems.
In addition, the Harbor Foundation will be joining us with their “Billion Oyster Project” demonstration.
Harbor Learning Garden:
On Monday, June 5th we our PS 59 PTA will be hosting our Harbor Learning Garden Ribbon Cutting.
Father's Day Celebration:
We will be celebrating Father's Day at PS 59 on Friday, June 16th. Please look out for invitations being emailed and back pack home with your child.