Look at Us in School
Welcome families to the 2021-2022 3K School Year!
I am so beyond excited to take part in this incredible journey with you all. 3K is filled with so much exploring, learning, and fun!
Class Code: @fahdgf4
Learning Share Zoom Time: 9:00am with Ms. Paige & 3K Class
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 812 0162 2468
November 29th - December 3rd Activities
This week we are learning about our Grown Ups! Below is a list of activities for you to complete all about grown-ups.
Please select 1 activity to complete a day:
1. Talk about the familiar grown-up's in your child's life at home. Ask: "Who is this grown-up? How do they help you?" Have your child draw a picture of themselves with the important grown-ups in their life.
2. Think about the important grown-up's in school. Example: Ms. Paige (teacher), Ms. Catherine (teacher), Mr. Joe (custodian), Ms. Chelsea (teacher), Ms. Cirillo (teacher), & Mrs. Hasweh (principal). Draw a picture of them doing their important job in school.
3. Create thank you cards for the grown-ups you know! Ask your child to pick a person in the family or someone at school that helps them/has an important job and create a card to deliver to that person or when you return to school.
4. Have your child pretend they are a grown-up for a day! Allow your child to pick a grown-up they would like to be and act out what they might have to do if they are them. Example: Mom/Dad: "What do you think they do when they are at home or work?" Teacher: "Pretend to be Ms. Paige/Ms. Catherine! What would they do if they were here?" Community Helper: "What would a police officer/firefighter/doctor be doing?"
5. When I Grow Up: Have your child draw a picture of who they hope to be when they grown up or what job they imagine themselves having!
November 24th Activities
This week we are learning about Helping and Caring! Below is a list of activities for you to complete all about helping and caring.
Please select 1 or 2 activities:
1. Think aloud with your child about what it means to care for something. Ask: "Who do we take care of at home? Is there a family member or pet you help out with at home and take care of?" Have your child draw a picture of them helping this person or animal.
2. "Oh no! We need help!" Find one activity you do that you can include your child in. Example: Making breakfast, folding laundry, cleaning up toys, walking the dog. Be sure to verbally describe the activity and let you child know that they are helping you and how.
3. How do we take care of ourselves? Create a chart together of all the ways your child takes care of themselves throughout the day. Examples: Brushing hair, brushing teeth, eating meals, exercising, etc. Have your child draw a picture next to your words.
4. Create cards for the ones you love! Ask your child to pick a person in the family that helps them and create a card to deliver to that person.
November 2nd Activities
This week we are learning about Our Bodies! Below is a list of activities for you to complete all about our bodies.
Please select 1 or 2 activities:
1. Have your child look at themselves in the mirror. Ask them what they notice about their bodies and the parts of their bodies. Have them draw a picture of their body and what they see when they look in the mirror!
2. Have your child create a picture using their fingers or toes!
3. Trace your child's body using a large piece of paper and have them fill in all the missing parts. Be sure to ask questions such as, "what might we put over here?" or "this is your head. What might we find on your head?"
4. Create a body snack, using different foods! Example: Use a cracker as the body and head, pretzel sticks as the arms and legs, and fruit or m&m's for the eyes! Get creative and use whatever you have at home!
Be sure to send any photos of any activity you complete so we may share them with the class on Wednesday!